As a professional logistics service provider specialized in environmentally critical goods Van den Anker subscribes to the objectives of the chemical industry's Responsible Care programm.
OOur services for distributing goods within 24 hours in the Benelux countries require a new approach, due to increased congestion, environmental issues and working hours requirements for drivers. Van den Anker has developed a high-quality concept: the Hub & Spoke model for (packaged) chemical products.
Regional distribution (Spoke) is provided from 5 depots (Hubs). Advantages are:
- higher (road) safety by employing truck drivers better (regional rides)
- mless inconvenience caused by traffic-jams, because depots are supplied at night
- less harmful to the environment, because trucks are less inconvenienced by traffic-jams
- regional drivers speak the regional language, e.g. for the French-speaking part of Belgium, but also for the 3 Northern provinces in which Dutch is the official language
- better employment of drivers due to regional planning (planning is made in depots)
- higher efficiency and lower costs